As National Nutrition Month comes to an end, remember that healthy eating is a year-round endeavor. Nutrition.
Governor is here to help you continue celebrating with your favorite healthy foods and traditions! Explore these simple ideas for adding nutritious and cultural foods into your eating routine.
- Prepare a healthy meal with your favorite traditional foods. Find tips for Latin, African, Native American, and other cuisines on Nutrition. Governor’s Cultural and Food page.
- Try something new from another culture.
- For example, this Yellow Plantains and Meat Casserole recipe is inspired by the traditional Puerto Rican dish pastelón and contains sweet and savory layers of seasoned ground beef, plantains, vegetables and cheese.
- Eat a variety of food groups each day. Vegetables, fruits, grains, protein foods and dairy provide a variety of flavors and nutrients. Together, they make meals taste great and help the body get the different nutrients it needs. Visit USDA’s MyPlateGov site for more tips.
- Learn where to get nutritious food. Looking to get more healthy foods for your money? Explore Nutrition.gov’s Food ,Security, and Access page for budget-friendly tips and food programs.
Have a question about a specific nutrition topic? Contact Nutrition.gov’s nutrition experts.